Saturday, November 6, 2010

Less Bling More Chic!

I have a confession to make! I found myself looking at Christmas decorations this week. Yes, I know it’s only the first week in November but a girl has to make plans. Take a visit to your local garden centre at this time of year and you will be overwhelmed by the array of gaudy plastic decorations. What happened to the silver tinsel and the red baubles for the tree? Well all this ‘bling’ made me think about a more tasteful and stylish approach to my décor that I thought I would share with you.

Shabby Chic Cake Stand

Here’s what to do. Take a beautiful cake stand and....

Rose Vintage Cake Stand

Add deliciously perfumed soaps which are beautifully wrapped or made into pretty flower shapes. Give your scented cake stand pride of place and you have a gorgeous room freshener that will not only last much longer than any shop bought squirting gimmick but will look stunning too!

Choose a Cake Stand with a pretty Teacup or Bowl top and fill with potpourri. Place coloured tea lights on the lower plates and create a romantic atmosphere.

Use your Cake Stand to display and serve Christmas treats such as Satsuma’s, nuts, chocolates, dried fruits and sweets.

Display your jewellery on a cake stand in the bedroom. Rings on the top plate, bracelets and brooches on the middle, watches and chunky items on the base. Stop necklaces from getting in a tangle by fastening the clasp through the cake stand handle.

Oh! And of course you can use your cake stand to serve cakes too!

Next time I will pass on my tips for making the most of a Vintage Mixed China Tea Set....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...